The Monthly Memo Archive
The Monthly Memo
October 1, 1998
If you haven't already taken a look at our new web page, please do so! The site address is:
We have included program and contact person
information, Board Reports, Monthly Memos,
Statutes, Administrative Rules,
links to other sites, and more. I thank those of you who have viewed it and have offered
feedback and suggestions!
- 1998-99 notification lists and other associated reports are scheduled to print 10/13/98 and 10/27/98.
- We will continue to run the vouchering process on Tuesday and Friday nights of each
week. Just a reminder that we cannot guarantee that your request can be loaded on the same day it
has been received if the information arrives after 12NOON. Please keep in mind that it takes
two to three business days after the vouchering process runs before checks are physically printed.
So please plan accordingly. Contact me if you have any questions.
- Currently the award commit and spent for WHEG and WTG is as follows:
|UW WHEG Award Commit
||(last year at this time it was 108.4%)
|UW WHEG Spent
||(last year at this time it was 37.2%)
|WTC WHEG Award Commit
||(last year at this time it was 114.4%)
|WTC WHEG Spent
||(last year at this time it was 27.6%)
|WTG Award Commit
||(last year at this time it was 108.22%)
||(last year at this time it was 32.2%)
To get a better sense of where 98-99 spending is for the various programs I am sending the
reconciliation form out today and ask that you return it to me by October 16th. This will be
faxed to you seperately.
- Please include the following when you are sending refunds:
- School Code
- Student's Name
- Student's Social Security Number
- Amount of money that is being returned for the individual student
- Type of program the funds have been disbursed from and the Disbursement Code
- What semester or term and academic year the funds were originally disbursed for
- Voucher Number
- Please continue to update all student residency statuses by sending a separate memo
to the general HEAB email address. Include the student's name, SS#, and resident or non-resident
status. These changes will be processed as a file maintenance update. As I mentioned in the
August memo, if it is not clear based on the statutes whether a student is a
Wisconsin resident or not; please have the student complete the Residency Status Form and submit it
to the Higher Educational Aids Board for our committee to review.
- Those of you who continue to send FM and V requests directly to Barb Moermond, please
begin sending those requests to the general HEAB email address:
HEABmail@heab.state.wi.us. This will allow these requests to be logged and tracked. Thank you.
- Please be aware that at the end of 1998-99 there will be a June 15, 1999, deadline
for submitting all adds, changes, vouchers, and refunds.
- I have sent out the request for the Wisconsin Student Support Information System
(WISSIS) data to individual independent schools, the UW System, and the WTC System. Just a reminder
to the independent schools and the two systems, the deadline to submit the data is 10/15/98. UW and
WTC schools data is submitted by their System Administration. Therefore, the individual UW and WTC
schools do not need to complete this form. I have added a few more questions this year. The new
questions relate to non-need based funds needy students use. Let me know if you have questions.
Thank you in advance for providing this very helpful and important information!
- Please be aware that once our Y2K conversion is complete, we will send electronic
files (e.g. notification, disbursement, and error reports) to those who currently receive them that
will incorporate the century field in all date references. This means that those of you who
currently receive these electronic files will need to be able to accept eight character fields. We
will give you an advance notice prior to this occurring. These changes will be in place before the
first 1999-2000 notification list is sent out.
- Barb Moermond has updated the file maintenance and vouchering template instructions to
include some helpful hints and examples of how the data should appear. The updated pages have been
faxed to you separately. If you have questions about this information, please call Barb at (608)266.3091.
I appreciate your feedback and thoughts! My phone number is 608.264.6181, FAX: 608.267.2808,
EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org and
SNAILMAIL: HEAB, P.O. Box 7885, Madison, WI 53707-7885.
Jane Hojan-Clark, Acting Executive Secretary
Wisconsin Higher Educational Aids Board
The Monthly Memo Archive
HEAB Main Page
Financial Aid Programs
Financial Aid Application Information
Frequently Asked Questions
Information for Financial Aid Administrators