Indian Student Assistance Grant FAQ

What should a Native-American student with limited information regarding his/her tribe or degree of Native-American blood do to pursue eligibility for this grant?

The student should contact the Bureau of Indian Affairs (Great Lakes Agency), Ashland, WI at (715) 682-4527. The Bureau will assist the student in tracing his/her Native-American Heritage.

Do the Native American tribes in Wisconsin provide additional funding in conjunction with this grant?

The Tribal Education Offices often match or exceed the maximum $1,100 Indian Student Assistance Grant.